Thursday, July 22, 2004

Spidey Dalawa and Robot Ako

The little brown woman and I went to a Spidey2 and I, Robot double feature.  We enjoyed both of them---just not that much. 

 Spidey2 was a fun, flashy, big-screen comic book that thankfully had a little more plot and a lot less "Willem DeFoe in power ranger garb" than the original.  Tobey McGuire does a very good job with the Peter Parker character.

I, Robot was more fun than I'd anticipated.  The script would give Isaac Asimov a heart attack (sustained while anally raping Jeff Vintar with a red-hot poker), but was fun to watch, and required about the same level of intellect as a low-end episode of star trek.  The effects merged very well with the story, and I only rarely felt the need to hit somebody.  Will Smith was very personable, and most of the performances were quite good.  The script just needed an overhaul.

If I'd had to pay theater price to watch either one, i'd be mildy annoyed, but seeing either one for free would be a good deal.

pc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home